Technical Architect (400)
The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, strategically designing and implementing in-house information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions, and assure their high availability. This individual will
gain organizational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans. In addition, the Architect provides technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level.
This is a full-time, exempt position working core hours of Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm CST. The position will report to the Director of Enterprise Architecture.
- Skilled in developing strategic systems architecture plans including gathering and
analyzing business case requirements
- Knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including database
design, data modeling, implementation, integration and performance tuning
- Knowledge of multiple legacy and state-of-the-art programming languages and
RESTFUL design principles
- Ability to work with relevant development frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, etc.) and
J2EE technologies such as JSP, Java Server Faces, JMS, JCA, JAAS, EJB, Spring Boot,
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework and related programming languages,
scripting languages and upcoming technology trends
- Knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices
- Knowledge of applicable performance, reliability, security, and privacy standards and
laws including HIPAA, Hi-tech, privacy regulations, and security
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science/engineering or
information systems (Master’s degree preferred)
- Seven or more years of progressively responsible, professional experience in a programming capacity preferred with developing software product experience addressing high availability and scalability
- Experience with two or more of the following preferred: Angular 2+, Node JS,Typescript, Bootstrap, SASS/Less, Hapi/Koa/Express, AWS Lambda, or AWS Dynamo
- Experience with AWS Cloud Formation, AWS Code Pipeline, and/or Jenkins is preferred
- Excellent communication skills are preferred
CORPORATE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Location: Madison, WI
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.
Back to the Job List