Business Analyst (Internal Applicants Only) (409)
The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, providing
business designs, requirements, and use case scenarios in the environment of TASC’s
applications development to ensure quality business processes and a quality end-user experience.
The BA develops and documents business cases and models that show process flows, discuss
findings with the project team, and works with development and testing staff in designing and
doing user acceptance testing, each fall into this position.
A Business Analyst (BA) reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. This
position requires formulating systems to parallel overall business strategies. This person writes
detailed descriptions of user needs, requirements, program functions, and steps required to
develop modify or develop systems. The BA coordinates deadlines and responsibilities with
project managers and monitors and summarizes requirements with Development and Quality
Assurance. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected in this position.
The Business Analyst typically works on small to mid-sized projects, including new
development and substantial functional and process improvements.
This is a full-time, exempt position working core hours of Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm CST. The position will report to the Director of Business Administration.
- Works with people to develop and implement project requirements, management and analysis.
- Elicit, analyze, represent, and validate information and data.
- Understand TASC’s direction, structure, business models and requirements
- May provide training to staff
- Participate in development and adherence to scope, budget, and timelines.
- Ability to gather project requirements, throughout TASC’s business units.
- Strong relational skills
- Knowledge of TASC business process and the TPA industry.
- Experience with standard business analysis modeling techniques, including Relationship Maps, Process Maps, Context Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams.
- Project Management Skills – Priorities and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic budget plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience from an accredited college or university) plus a minimum of one year of Business Analysis experience for Business Analyst
- Demonstrated knowledge of business processes and the TPA industry.
- Proven experience using industry standards in Business Analysis.
- Knowledge of business analysis principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- High-level computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, spreadsheet preparation, Internet research and business analysis software).
- Ability to analyze comprehensive business processes, performs in-depth work analysis, and develops reports and flow charts.
CORPORATE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Location: Madison, WI
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.
Back to the Job List