Senior Controls Specialist (451)
The purpose of this position generally is, but is not limited to, facilitating management’s objectives for appropriate control environment. The successful candidate will accomplish the tasks by displaying a high level of organization, enthusiasm and professionalism through planning and performing reviews of current state of internal controls. Taking the current state, recommending, and helping construct and implement internal controls.
The Internal Control Specialist is part of TASC’s governance framework established to provide SME assessment of the current and future state of TASC’s internal controls. Additionally a key role will be the assist with new control implementation.
As a new role inside TASC, on its journey to improve controls and risk management, the successful candidate will be building from scratch and borrowing best in industry practices while conforming those to the “TASC way.”
The role is part of the Enterprise Risk Management function and expected to work closely with Internal Audit, IT Security, Compliance, Operations and other stakeholders.
This is a full-time, exempt position working core hours between 8am and 5pm. The position will report to the EVP of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Proven working knowledge of enterprise Risk Management including identification, analysis and assessment. Further proven understanding of the standards of internal control (control environment, risk assessment, control activities, information and communication, and monitoring) through models like COSO, and related standards
- Perform broad analysis to identify business objectives and resource requirements to evaluate the associated business risks
- Ability to create and communicate a sense of urgency but accurately the need between current state and the future desired state. Experience with reporting to upper management is required
- Knowledge of project coordination/management principles, practices, techniques and tools
- Demonstrate a “big picture” mindset on controls, while able to focus on details with accuracy and logical analysis
- Applied working knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance issues related to;
*Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE16 and SSAE18)
*Payment Card Industry (PCI)
*Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
*Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) framework
*GAAP and GAAS accounting/auditing standards
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with emphasis on Business Administration, Accounting or Finance. Equivalent education considered
- Seven or more years of professional experience in an Accounting, Auditor, Enterprise Risk Management or Internal Controls role. Assurance, advisory services or consulting experience desired
- Certification CPA, CIA, CFE, or other and/or a Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated high-level organizational skills, resourcefulness and proficient in establishing priorities and multi-tasking
CORPORATE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.
Back to the Job List