Business Intelligence Specialist (461)
The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to, designing and implementing BI software and systems, including integration and databases. This includes selecting, blueprinting, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end user. Also this position is responsible for ensuring high levels of of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
This is a full-time, exempt position working core hours of Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm CST. The position will report to the Director of Enterprise Architecture.
- Demonstrated ability with MS Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Demonstrated ability with ETL tools
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Full project management and Agile development life cycle experience
- Experience with database design applications
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques
- College diploma or university degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
Five or more years direct work experience
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as, MS SQL Server, Crystal, and so on
- Experience with AWS data services such as AWS Redshift, AWS Data Pipeline, Quicksight and streaming data services such as Kinesis, Firehose and Lambda
- Certifications in AWS a plus
CORPORATE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Location: Madison, WI
TASC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. TASC participates in E-Verify.
Back to the Job List